England Women v Latvia match facts and stats
England Lionesses look to finish their 2021 in style on Tuesday night when they take on Latvia in Doncaster Rovers’ Keepmoat Stadium in a 2023 FIFA World Cup qualifier.
England Women beat Austria 1-0 on Saturday to make it five wins from five in World Cup qualifying and Sarina Wiegman’s team will be hoping to make it six against the side who are currently bottom of Group D.
Here Opta provide the match facts and stats ahead of Tuesday’s clash.
- This will be England’s second meeting with Latvia in all competitions, with the Lionesses running out 10-0 winners last time out in October. England registered 58 shots vs Latvia and Ella Toone had a hand in a game-high four goals (3 goals, 1 assist).
- England have won all five matches under Sarina Wiegman by an aggregate score of 33-0. In fact, the Lionesses have registered 198 shots, averaging 40 per game - while at the other end, they’ve faced just four shots on target (0.8 per game).
- England have scored 10+ goals in two of their last four matches (vs Luxembourg and Latvia), as many times as they’d registered 10+ goals in a game in their previous 301 matches combined.
- Latvia have lost each of their last 15 games played in all competitions, since a 2-0 victory at home to Lithuania in June 2019.
- England are unbeaten in their last 41 World Cup qualifying matches (W37 D4), since a 1-0 defeat to France in November 2002 under Hope Powell.
- England have kept a clean sheet in five consecutive matches and will be looking to record six shutouts in a row for the first time since October 2016.
- On the international stage, Ellen White has scored nine goals in eight appearances in 2021, more than any other England player in this calendar year.
- Beth Mead has had a hand in 10 of England’s 33 goals in this World Cup qualification process so far, scoring five and assisting five more.