Italy v England: Important Ticket Holder Information
Here’s all the information ticket holders need to know for our upcoming UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifier against Italy, taking place in Naples on Thursday 23 March 2023 at 7.45pm GMT.
This fixture is taking place at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium, home to Napoli. The stadium capacity for this fixture is 48,467. Our total allocation for this match is 2,532, and we look forward to seeing you there.
We announced on Friday 17 March 2023 that we will not be operating a Ticket Collection Point for this fixture and that all tickets will be delivered as ‘E-Tickets’.
As already notified tickets will be sent directly from the Italian Football Association via firstname.lastname@example.org to all ticket holders ahead of the match to the email address associated with their account at the time of purchase.
Please be sure to check your junk folder as the email may land there.
We urge all ticket holders to familiarise themselves with the process, rules, and expectations regarding this process below.
Safety and Security
The England Supporters Travel Club will be in Naples and contactable via either email at email@example.com or by phone via (+44)7790371105. If your query is not urgent, we would advise that you email or text us in the first instance.
In the event of an emergency please call the emergency services on is 113.
This nationwide number connects you to the state police ( di Stato), the civil police force that will assist you not only if you’re reporting a crime but for any other kind of emergency too.
Coaches to and from the stadium
We can confirm that coaches will be organised by the Italian Authorities for all England Supporters Travel Club ticket holders to make their way to the stadium on match day.
To Diego Armando Maradona Stadium:
To assist with the safety and security of all England travelling supporters the Italian Police have requested and are strongly advising that England supporters use locally organised coach transport to travel to the stadium.
A total of 23 coaches will be under police escort and begin to depart for the stadium from 4pm on Thursday 23 March 2023 from ‘Stazione Marittima Napoli’ (Naples Maritime Station)
The coaches will begin to depart as soon as they are full and be free of charge to all England Supporters Travel Club members with tickets.
Provided you leave with plenty of time, we have been informed that you will arrive in time for Kick-Off by using the services provided.
The drop off point is within 100 yards from the away section.
There will be chemical toilet facilities provided at the meeting point.
You cannot leave your belongings on the coach.
Post Match from Diego Armando Maradona Stadium:
The same 23 coaches will wait at the stadium and return supporters to the same destination after the game.
The coaches will be departing the stadium between 11:45pm-12:00am, back to the same location as the meeting point at Maratimo Stazione
You should get back to the drop off point within 25-30 mins of the coach departing.
Important Information Regarding E-Tickets
All ticket holders must be aware of the following:
• E-Tickets will be sent to the email address associated with each member’s account at the time of ticket purchase. All ticket holders will receive their tickets via email regardless of whether they booked in a group
• If the junior member in your order has an email address associated to their account, their ticket will be sent to that email address. You can view this under “Individuals (linked to this account)” on Account. If they do not have an email address associated, their ticket will be sent to the linked adult’s email address
• Please be sure to check your junk folder as the email may land there
• All tickets will have the full name and date of birth of the ticket holder printed on them
• There will be a 100%, two-point ID check prior to entry
• The first ID check will be conducted by the Italian Police. You must provide either your Passport or your Driver’s License to substantiate this, as per Italian law. This check may be conducted at the port ahead of boarding the coaches to the stadium
• The second ID check will be made by FA Staff from the England Supporters Travel Club, alongside the FA Security team. You will once again be required to provide either your Passport or your Driver’s License
• These forms of ID MUST be in physical form. Printed copies will NOT be accepted. Your ESTC Membership Card will NOT be accepted as ID by the Italian Police
• During both ID checks your ID must match the name and Date of Birth on your ticket (shortened first names are ok e.g., ‘Sam’ as opposed to ‘Samuel’)
• All tickets will be scanned upon entry. Once your ticket is scanned that barcode will no longer allow re-entry into the stadium. Anyone caught with a ticket which has already been scanned will be refused entry and subject to a ban. This will apply to both the ticket holder and the member the original ticket was allocated to
• Members who bought in a group have been allocated together. However, there may be some cases whereby they are marginally separated by stairs/end of row. This is due to the FA being unable to manage the allocation manually
• It will be the supporter’s responsibility to ensure that their mobile phone has enough battery charge to enter the ground using your E-Ticket. Phone chargers or battery packs will not be allowed into the stadium and may be confiscated
• Please be aware that we will not have the facility to reprint your ticket
We understand that this will be a different experience to what members would be expecting for an away fixture. If there are any issues or concerns, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Italy Away 2023’. This will ensure your email is prioritised by ESTC Staff.
We would encourage all those travelling to Naples to regularly review the information posted on the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office’s website. You can also sign up to their travel alerts on Italy here.
Their website will cover the following:
• Passports, Visas and Entry Requirements
• Travel advice for Italy and any other country you might be travelling through during your trip
• Safety and Security
How to report an Incident to us whilst you are abroad
The FA continues to work hard to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all supporters.
If you witness any xenophobic, racist, homophobic, or anti-social behaviour before, during or after the match, you can report it in confidence by emailing englandsupportersclub@TheFA.com or by calling or texting us on (+44)7790371105.
Please be aware that the FA will always investigate reports of inappropriate behaviour at an England game.
With this being our first away fixture since the World Cup, we would remind fans to represent England in the right way whilst out in Naples.
As always, when travelling abroad, we ask that members treat the cities and locals with respect. Any unacceptable behaviour whilst following England may result in:
• Removal from the stadium
• Police involvement and possible criminal proceeding
• Football Banning Order applications in England
• Suspension from the ESTC membership
• Withdrawal of future match tickets
We will not tolerate any excessive behaviour and will be working with all the relevant stakeholders to ensure every fan has a safe trip. Any member who does not follow the ESTC Membership Rules outlined will run the risk of losing their membership privileges and tickets for future fixtures.
Remember, members should act as ambassadors for the England team and act in such a way that will continue to enhance the image of English supporters and the national side.
Pyros at Football:
In recent months, we have seen a rise in pyrotechnics, flares and smoke devices being brought to stadiums around the country and abroad. It is important to highlight that these items are not only illegal inside a football stadium, but these prohibited items can also cause great harm to people. These pyrotechnics and flares can burn at up to 2,000°C and can cause significant injuries to carriers and fellow spectators. We have also seen several incidents that have resulted in people experiencing breathing difficulties, distress, and discomfort. The potential injuries sustained because of someone using a pyrotechnic include:
• Serious injuries, such as loss of limb or fingers
• Severe burns, due to temperatures of up to 2,000°C
• Breathing problems, due to smoke inhalation
• Loss of hearing or sight, because of the explosive power
Anyone reported in possession of a pyro in or outside of the stadium will run the risk of their ESTC Membership being suspended in addition to the regulations and consequences set by the Italian Police.
Stadium Rules and Regulations
The following three points to be raised are based on information we have learned from previous English clubs having played in Naples:
• Some supporters who have attended a fixture here as an away supporter have had their belts removed and not returned upon entry into the stadium. We would advise that you do not wear a belt where possible
• Phone chargers/power banks may not be permitted into the stadium. These devices may be confiscated and not returned to supporters. It will be the supporter’s responsibility to ensure that their mobile phone has enough battery enter the ground. ESTC Staff will have portable chargers at the gates to assist members whose battery has run out where possible
• It has not yet been confirmed to us what the flag entry requirements are for this match. We will update all supporters as soon as this information is provided to us.
• Flags no larger than the standard 2x1m dimension will be allowed into the stadium
Here are some of the key prohibited behaviours as outlined by the host stadium. Failure to comply may result in steward or police intervention.
• Bring in or sell alcoholic drinks
• Bring in or wear harnesses or clothing which is the same or similar colour and shape to the stewards and other service workers
• Be in possession of poisons, harmful substances, pepper spray, flammable material, drugs, rocks, blades, firearms, sound instruments, devices capable of emitting light rays
• Bring in bottles, cans or glass containers or any other materials (drinks have to be poured into plastic or paper glasses), umbrellas (except pocket-size umbrellas with no point), helmets, belts with heavy metal studs, sticks, soiling or pollutant material and any other object that could be used to injure and harm as decided in any specific time by the Police Authority in the Stadium.
For a full list of the stadium rules and regulations please visit: https://sscnapoli.it/en/maradona-stadium-rules-and-regulation/
Contacting us abroad
You can get in direct contact with us whilst you are away by either:
• Emailing englandsupportersclub@TheFA.com with the subject heading ‘Italy Away 2023’. This will ensure your email is prioritised by Staff
• Calling or texting us on (+44)7790371105 (this number will only be active on 22, 23 and 24 March 2023).
Football Supporters Association (FSA)
The Football Supporters’ Association Fans’ Embassy will be located at Piazza Municipio, next to Stazione Marittima, on Wednesday 22nd March until 5pm, and on matchday from around 10am till 5pm to offer help and support to travelling England fans.
To read the FSA’s latest version of the Free Lions for this fixture please click here.
For information and updates from the Football Supporters Association please keep an eye on their twitter account here @WeAreFreeLions