England Football well represented in The Best FIFA Awards nominations
INSPIRED? BECOME A COACH
England Football players and staff have been nominated in five of the categories for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022.
Lionesses captain Leah Williamson, midfielder Keira Walsh and striker Beth Mead have all been listed among the contenders for Best FIFA Women's player award, while Jude Bellingham is one of 14 players nominated for Best FIFA Men’s Player of 2022.
Mary Earps is a nominee for the Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper and Alessia Russo’s stunning goal in England’s UEFA Women’s EURO semi-final win over Sweden is up for the FIFA Puskás Award, which recognises the standout goals of the year.
Lionesses head coach Sarina Wiegman is up for the Best FIFA Women’s Coach for a sixth consecutive year, having won the award in 2017 and 2020.
She is up against two other English coaches in Chelsea’s Emma Hayes, who won the award last year, and Canada’s Bev Priestman, who was formerly an England Women senior team assistant coach and previously led the WU18s squad.
The public can vote via FIFA+ and it will run until 11pm on 3 February 2023.
You can see the full list of nominees below.
The Best FIFA Women’s Player: Aitana Bonmatí (Spain / FC Barcelona), Debinha (Brazil / North Carolina Courage), Jessie Fleming (Canada / Chelsea FC Women), Ada Hegerberg (Norway / Olympique Lyonnais), Sam Kerr (Australia / Chelsea FC Women), Beth Mead (England / Arsenal WFC), Vivianne Miedema (Netherlands / Arsenal WFC), Alex Morgan (USA / Orlando Pride / San Diego Wave), Lena Oberdorf (Germany / VfL Wolfsburg), Alexandra Popp (Germany / VfL Wolfsburg), Alexia Putellas (Spain / FC Barcelona), Wendie Renard (France / Olympique Lyonnais), Keira Walsh (England / Manchester City WFC / FC Barcelona), Leah Williamson (England / Arsenal WFC)
The Best FIFA Men’s Player: Julián Álvarez (Argentina / River Plate / Manchester City FC), Jude Bellingham (England / BV Borussia 09 Dortmund), Karim Benzema (France / Real Madrid CF), Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium / Manchester City FC), Erling Haaland (Norway / BV Borussia 09 Dortmund / Manchester City FC), Achraf Hakimi (Morocco / Paris Saint-Germain), Robert Lewandowski (Poland / FC Bayern München / FC Barcelona), Sadio Mané (Senegal / Liverpool FC / FC Bayern München), Kylian Mbappé (France / Paris Saint-Germain), Lionel Messi (Argentina / Paris Saint-Germain), Luka Modrić (Croatia / Real Madrid CF), Neymar (Brazil / Paris Saint-Germain), Mohamed Salah (Egypt / Liverpool FC), Vinícius Junior (Brazil / Real Madrid CF)
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach: Sonia Bompastor (France / Olympique Lyonnais), Emma Hayes (England / Chelsea FC Women), Bev Priestman (England / Canadian National Team), Pia Sundhage (Sweden / Brazilian National Team), Martina Voss-Tecklenburg (Germany / German National Team), Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands / English National Team)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach: Carlo Ancelotti (Italy / Real Madrid CF), Didier Deschamps (France / French National Team), Pep Guardiola (Spain / Manchester City FC), Walid Regragui (Morocco / Wydad AC / Moroccan National Team), Lionel Scaloni (Argentina / Argentinian National Team)
The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper: Ann-Katrin Berger (Germany / Chelsea FC Women), Mary Earps (England / Manchester United WFC), Christiane Endler (Chile / Olympique Lyonnais), Merle Frohms (Germany / Eintracht Frankfurt / VfL Wolfsburg), Alyssa Naeher (USA / Chicago Red Stars), Sandra Paños García-Villamil (Spain / FC Barcelona)
The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper: Álisson Becker (Brazil / Liverpool FC), Yassine Bounou (Morocco / Sevilla FC), Thibaut Courtois (Belgium / Real Madrid CF), Ederson (Brazil / Manchester City FC), Emiliano Martínez (Argentina / Aston Villa FC)
On repeat. Forever.— Lionesses (@Lionesses) July 27, 2022
Absolutely amazing, @alessiarusso7 🤯 pic.twitter.com/9B9Mt2V9eq
The FIFA Puskás Award:
- Mario Balotelli (Italy): Adana Demirspor v. Göztepe Spor Kulübü [Süper Lig] (22 May 2022)
- Amandine Henry (France): FC Barcelona v. Olympique Lyonnais [UEFA Women's Champions League] (21 May 2022)
- Théo Hernández (France): AC Milan v. Atalanta [Serie A] (15 May 2022)
- Alou Kuol (Australia): Iraq U23 v. Australia U23 [AFC U23 Asian Cup] (4 June 2022)
- Kylian Mbappé (France): Argentina v. France [FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™] (18 December 2022)
- Francisco González Metilli (Argentina): Club Atlético Central Córdoba v. Club Atlético Rosario Central [Primera División] (1 August 2022)
- Marcin Oleksy (Poland): Warta Poznań v. Stal Rzeszów [PZU Amp Futbol Ekstraklasa] (6 November 2022)
- Salma Paralluelo (Spain): FC Barcelona v. Villarreal CF [Liga F] (2 April 2022)
- Dimitri Payet (France): Olympique de Marseille v. PAOK Thessaloniki [UEFA Europa Conference League] (7 April 2022)
- Richarlison (Brazil): Brazil v. Serbia [FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022] (24 November 2022)
- Alessia Russo (England): England v. Sweden [UEFA Women's EURO 2022] (26 July 2022)
INSPIRED? BECOME A COACH